“After this I saw a vast crowd, too great to count, from every nation and tribe and people and language” (Revelation 7:9a)
We recently celebrated all of the Scripture that our organization has published in Papua New Guinea (PNG) in the last year. In all, 16 different languages received Scripture in their own language! The Scriptures were distributed throughout PNG in various forms: full New Testaments (see below), Audio Scriptures, Scripture Portions, and the Jesus Film.
It was a joyful time of thanking God for making His Word available to Papua New Guineans in their heart languages. These Scriptures filled a table and are now filling the hearts of people all over the country. It is an honor to have personally served Bible translators from many of these languages.
Celebrating the New Testament!
Translating the New Testament is a long and challenging process, but full of great reward! We rejoice that these languages received all or part of the New Testament in their own language this last year:
- Odoodee (75% of the New Testament)
- Saliba (50% of the New Testament)
We have outgrown our 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom house here in Ukarumpa (our support center) and currently have all 5 kids in 1 bedroom:
We had hoped to do an addition, but construction costs are very high and it would be stressful to add on to our house while we are living in it. A house just came up for sale (right around the corner in Ukarumpa) and we are hoping to be able to buy it. It makes a lot more sense to move rather than to add on to our current house.
If you would like to know more about this opportunity, please feel free to email or call us:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- US cell phone: 360-430-1715
Prayer and Praise
- Praise: For the new Scriptures that are in the hands of Papua New Guineans.
- Praise: God is providing for our housing situation.
- Prayer: For us to know what amount to bid on the house (bids close next week on Dec 12).
- Prayer: That we would win the bid on the house.
Serving with you,
James and Christina